Saturday, April 16, 2005

Can you relate to this poem?

I got up this morning, but haven't yet dressed. My dishes aren't done, and my house is a mess. Have not done my work, have not fed the cat, Just on line for a second, and popped in to "chat". I used to watch TV, I used to cook Mex, I think I remember...yeah, I used to have SEX! I used to walk upright, now roll on my chair, Tho' it causes the neighborhood children to stare. I wanted to travel around on the Net, Been too busy chatting to get on there yet. I wanted to spreadsheet, word process, or paint, But gettin' on with them is just what I ain't! So much to learn and I wanted to but I'm too busy chatting and splitting a gut, Talkin' and listenin'...is it such a sin? Oh, gawd, what a fix I have got myself in! Then up pops a name on my neat Buddy List, Think I'll go out and give HIS tail a twist! And in comes an IM from some weirdo guy I cuss 'im, insult 'im, and tell him "bye bye". Is there a 12 step, support group, or such? For those of us folks who chat on too much? If there was a group, I would like it just fine, Except that it prob'ly would be here online! Are there therapists here? I think that I saw some Its got me, its got me, its power is AWESOME. It's my new computer, I've had it one week, Now I look in the mirror and I see a "geek". Or maybe a geekess, but I see the signs, Please help me, please help me, please get me offline! Or better, please Email a burger and fries, 'Cause I'm staying ONLINE, at least 'til I die!!!

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Breakers/5257/Chatet.htm?200516

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that poem is the story of my life Teddybear!